Ocean views, privacy, serenity, mid-century architecture, nature, easy entertaining, sustainable design, simplicity, stylish elegance. If these words resonate with you, this may be your Big Island home! Nestled in a lushly landscaped nook of the highly desired lower plateau of Hawi's Maliu Ridge neighborhood, this Zen-inspired mid-century modern gem - uncommon in Hawaii - offers ultimate privacy and jaw-dropping views of Maui from almost every room through floor to ceiling windows from the open plan of the home.
With a unique curved roof and gorgeous wood ceiling treatments, this efficient floor plan with high quality finishes was designed by the famed Santa-Monica based firm of Koning Eizenberg, known for their focus on sustainable architecture. So much beautiful natural light filters through skylights during the day, you won't even need to turn on the lights! Entertaining spaces abound offering you the choice to dine inside or out on the back lanai with garden, ocean and Maui views, or in the former orchid greenhouse which has been transformed into a charming outdoor pavilion, beckoning a garden party. A well-maintained koi pond adjacent to the master bedroom provides soothing water sounds.
Unique features include:
- Polished concrete floors in most of the home, carpet in the bedrooms and cork floors in the kitchen are easy on your feet
- A central propane gas tank serves the stove, BBQ, fireplace and clothes dryer
- AC in the office, master bedroom and guest bedroom for occasional warmer days
- A romantic gas fireplace in the living room provides ambient heat on cooler nights
- Easy to care for quartz countertops
- A healthy, raised bed garden offers herbs and veggies...what will you add?
- Huge, open, breathable master bedroom closet keeps clothes fresh
- Huge pantry off of the kitchen has convenient sliding doors
- Fully fenced
- No pesticides used on this property
- Furnishings and art work are negotiable